CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Online application process must be completed by January 15, 2020 to be considered.
Founded in 1913, the Associated General Contractors of Greater Milwaukee (AGC-GM) is the leading commercial construction association serving the needs of contracting professionals throughout Southeastern Wisconsin. Providing professional services in education, career development, safety and networking opportunities, AGC members connect with industry leaders through advanced programs and professional services.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are seeking to hire a creative and entrepreneurial-minded Chief Executive Officer to take the lead role for our association due to a pending retirement. The successful candidate will benefit from a smooth transition period of this turnkey operation, with our retiring CEO.
As CEO, you champion the AGC-GM membership, ensuring our collaborative nature continues to meet the needs of our industry and membership, while being sustainable and forward-thinking. The CEO will drive external and internal engagement while playing a pivotal role in guiding the Association, serving as the central hub of a complex wheel that includes 5 staff, 10 Executive Board Members and 6 committees and councils. Within this active Association, the CEO ensures that all staff, Board members, Committees and Councils are working effectively together to meet the Association goals and mission.
Under the direction and guidance of the AGC Board of Directors, the CEO is responsible for program oversight, leadership and implementation of the strategic vision of the AGC. Responsibilities include eliciting direction and insights from individual board members; garnering support for initiatives that are mutually beneficial to both labor and management; establishing and maintaining relationships with key external stakeholders; and executing the strategic vision of the AGC-GM.
- Advance strategic initiatives and external relationships for the AGC-GM consistent with the goals and objectives of the Board of Directors
- Recruit, hire and retain highly capable professionals to ensure the attainment of strategic and operational outcomes
Activate, support and cultivate relationships with Board Members and leverage the contacts to achieve the Association’s objectives and outcomes
- Champion AGC-GM’s brand, resources and long-standing relationships within the industry and community to strengthen visibility and foster collaboration
- Participate and serve on national, regional and local committees and boards and support initiatives to advance and enhance AGC strategies and to build coalitions that support the region’s economic interests
- Operationalize budgets, expenditures, staffing recommendations and contracts
- Develop and strengthen relationships with state, local and federal elected officials, public entities, local governments, private businesses and individuals
- Coordinate and lead workforce partners to accomplish the strategic vision and support the organization’s goals for close collaboration, integration and creation of the construction workforce system
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Master’s Degree desirable; Bachelor’s degree in public/business administration, urban planning, economics, marketing, finance or related field required
- Seven (7) years’ experience in economic development, community development or redevelopment activities in the public or private sector
- Demonstrated experience in union labor-management programs and leadership
- Demonstrated experience in staff management, Human Resources, and experience as a supervisor
- Demonstrated experience managing non-profit finances including oversight experience with fiscal controls, accounting processes, and experience creating and maintaining budgets
- Demonstrated experience in project development, marketing and communications management skills
- Demonstrated experience in policy development and implementation
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and exercise judgment as well as participate in a project team
AGC-GM provides a generous benefits package including Medical, Dental and 401k with company match.
Interested applicants should submit a confidential cover letter and resume as part of the online application process to be received on or before January 15, 2020 for full consideration to this opportunity.
For a complete job description and confidential consideration, submit a resume and cover letter to Kim Keener at email@example.com or call direct to 262.696.3315. Apply on LinkedIn here.
AGC-GM is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, veteran’s status or national origin and abides by state regulations and federal laws pertaining to equal employment opportunity.