STP Unit 5: Improving Productivity and Managing Project Costs
May 6 @ 4:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- This event has passed.
Dates: May 6, 8, 13 & 15, 2019
Must attend three of the four nights.
This course covers understanding how project estimates are compiled, how to compare actual project costs with those estimated and how to control costs to meet the estimate. This course also details how productivity is measured, how the supervisor plays a major role in increasing jobsite productivity and how a small increase in productivity can have a significant impact on the time and cost of a project.
Unit 5 explores:
- Construction estimates
- Who controls project costs
- Reporting and analyzing actual costs
- Planning for cost control
- Labor cost variances
- Working with project partners
- Managing risk and loss potentials
- cost control strategies
- Project-cost evaluation
- Bench marking construction productivity
- Improving productivity through pre-planning
- New skills for effective supervision
- Personnel management
- Equipment management for productivity improvement
- Job-site productivity, planning and scheduling
- Quantifying labor cost productivity
- Record keeping, control, changes, and defect analysis