Construction Leadership Council
The Construction Leadership Council of Greater Milwaukee (CLC) is a service of the Associated General Contractors of Greater Milwaukee (AGC-GM) and is geared toward young professionals employed by AGC-GM Member Companies. The CLC is a program that has been put in place to address the needs of young professionals and the industry.
This forum functions as a place for young professionals to network and receive support. At the same time, it aids the industry by highlighting its future leaders, supporters, and voice.
At the national level, the CLC has been active for several years. Over half of AGC’s local chapters have established CLC programs or are in the process of doing so. Many local CLC programs have been flourishing for over 10 years. The AGC-GM has been offering a CLC program since 2003 and has over 100 participants in the Milwaukee area.
In order to better serve the members of the CLC and to continue to develop meaningful programming, the CLC Committee has implemented a fee schedule for participation in CLC events.
Why Join CLC of Greater Milwaukee?
Because it’s a group designed for you to:
- Grow professionally
- Network with peers
- Learn about local projects and business practices through site visits
- Expand your knowledge through educational speakers
- Provide an opportunity to attend National CLC events
- Socialize at Annual Golf Outings + other industry functions
- Learn more about the industry through combined events with the AIA, YAF, MSOE and Marquette
- Provides an opportunity to benefit the community through volunteer opportunities such as career fairs, classroom involvement with Build Up! and On Site, and such programs as Habitat for Humanity
Activities of the CLC
- To be an open forum to exchange ideas
- To be an entry vehicle into AGC to promote new member involvement
- To foster a strong network among peers
- To create a foundation for future development of the industry
- To discuss the most important issues and provide feedback to AGC leadership
- To provide leadership skills
- To provide a mentoring program with established officers and committee members
- To structure AGC and the construction industry for the coming centuries
- To network with similar organizations in the industry
Is there a fee to belong to the CLC of Greater Milwaukee?
Yes, there is a yearly fee of $60 per person. This fee will assist in securing quality presenters for educational programming and includes admission to all regular meetings.
There is also a "Company at Large" membership option available. For a $95 annual fee, the company may select any one person per membership to attend all the CLC events throughout the year at the CLC Member price.
Can I attend a CLC event if I am not a CLC member?
Yes, although there will be an event fee for regular meetings that feature a guest speaker and other special events will incur a higher fee.
How do I join?
Contact Brian Eigenfeld of AGC - Greater Milwaukee at 414-778-4100 or e-mail email@example.com
2017 Steering Committee Members
AGC of Greater Milwaukee
|Angie Benike, Past Chair||J.F. Ahern Co.|
|Ryan Schmidt, Chair||C.G. Schmidt, Inc.|
|Josh Halverson, Vice Chair||Mortenson Construction|
|Mike Stern||J.H. Findorff & Son Inc.|
|Ben Bergles||VJS Construction Services|
|Alex Raver||Hunzinger Construction|
|Jim Fleming||Langer Roofing & Scheet Metal, Inc.|
|Randy Hill||David J. Frank Landscape Contracting Inc.|
|Devin White||J.P. Cullen & Sons, Inc|
|Andy Sisler||Creative Constructors, LLC|
|Tony Niemiec||State Painting Co.|
|Christina Szews||Hunzinger Construction|
|Blake Wentz, Faculty Representative||Milwaukee School of Engineering|
|Matt Blain||MSOE Student Chapter President|
|Yong Bai, Faculty Representative||Marquette University|
|Mark Gesior||Marquette Student Chapter President|